Why Some Car Accidents Are More Severe Than Others
Every day, thousands of car accidents occur in the United States, with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicating that 90 people die each day in these incidents. Car accidents can be catastrophic and deadly, or they can be mild. There is no way of telling how bad a car accident will be. However, some factors can exist when a car accident happens that is related to severity.
If you were in a car accident in Pennsylvania, it might benefit you to speak with an attorney specializing in personal injury law. It could be possible for you to file a claim for compensation against the party that caused your crash. The car accident attorneys at the O’Donnell Law Offices can help you take legal action with a suit when you or a loved one suffers injuries in a crash.
Elements Related to Severe Car Accidents
Whether a car accident is fatal, results in disabling injuries, produces minor wounds, or causes no physical bodily harm at all depends on many things. There are several factors that are closely related to how devastating a car accident may turn out. Some of these include the following:
- Individuals that wear a seatbelt while driving or sitting in a car significantly reduce the risk of serious harm when a crash happens compared with those that do not.
- Certain individuals are more vulnerable to suffering major physical bodily harm because of having smaller or weaker bodies. In specific, babies and young children, and older individuals are at the highest risk for injuries in a crash.
- When a crash happens, the type of car you are in can make a difference in the outcome. A bigger vehicle with more mass will be able to take the force of impact that comes with a crash much better than smaller, lighter vehicles. So, individuals in smaller vehicles have less protection from harm than those in larger vehicles.
- If a crash happens where excessive speed is involved, the results tend to be more serious.
- Crashes can happen in different ways, some being more dangerous than others. For example, head-on collisions are some of the most deadly.
There is never a way to predict how severe the outcome of a crash will be although there are certain things that can exist which can indicate that a collision will have devastating consequences for those involved. Cataclysmic crashes can lead to several damages like high medical costs for treatment of injuries, lost wages from time away from work, pain and suffering, property damage expenses, and more. And while the damages that happen after a catastrophic crash can be extensive, even moderate collisions can produce significant losses for victims. Meeting with an attorney after a car accident can help victims understand what their claim is worth and how much compensation they are owed.
Speak to a Northeast Pennsylvania Car Accident Attorney Today
You may be entitled to financial compensation after a Northeast Pennsylvania car accident. For more information, schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney at the O’Donnell Law Offices serving clients in Kingston, Wilkes Barre, Hazleton, and Pittston at 570-821-5717 or online today. There is no fee or cost until we win your case.