Hazleton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may have the right to seek reimbursement for any injuries sustained in the accident. Claims involving motorcycle accidents typically differ from those incurred in standard auto accidents due to the severity of the injuries involved. Don’t go at it alone, let a skilled Hazleton motorcycle accident lawyer help. At O’Donnell Law Offices, our lawyers have years of experience handling a wide variety of personal injury claims for Pennsylvania clients.
Determining Fault in a Motorcycle Collision
Before you can look to receive any compensation for your injuries and damages, you need to prove that the other side was at fault. In most cases, the driver of the vehicle is at fault because they didn’t see the motorcyclist or were too distracted to notice you. In some collisions, the motorcyclist might be at fault. Common issues that can lead to motorcycle accidents include:
- Vehicle drivers that are operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Drivers who disregard traffic lights and stop signs;
- Drivers who change lanes without checking their blind spots or whether there is a motorcycle in the next lane;
- Drivers who turn left in front of a motorcycle;
- Drivers who open their car door on a motorcyclist;
- Drivers who travel faster than the posted speed limit signs or drive faster than it’s safe to do so for the current conditions;
- Drivers who are distracted and are not focused solely on the road;
- Motorcycle riders striking a fixed object; and
- Weather conditions, road debris, or poor road conditions.
Possible Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Injuries to a rider can vary widely, depending on the severity of the motorcycle accident. Some injuries that you might see in a motorcycle accident can include:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Skin abrasions
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Ankle and foot injuries
- Burn injuries
- Herniated disc or spinal fracture
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Eye injuries
- Loss of a limb or crushed bone
- Wrongful death
- Traumatic brain injuries
What Type of Compensation Can You Expect to Get in a Motorcycle Accident?
Your potential recovery will vary based on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries. In general, you might be eligible to receive reimbursement for your medical treatment, both current and future; lost wages, current and future; pain and suffering; and more. This can cover items like emergency transport, therapy sessions, prescription drugs, hospital bills, surgery, disability, etc.
You may be able to recover for the damages to your motorcycle, or what the total loss value is depending on the damage. In addition, you may be entitled to money for emotional trauma as well if the accident caused severe emotional distress, depression, etc.
Contact a Hazleton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle collision in Pennsylvania, it’s important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you have a Hazleton motorcycle accident lawyer on your side, the sooner he or she can start preserving evidence and building the strongest case possible. Contact O’Donnell Law Offices today to schedule an initial consultation.