Hazleton Product Liability Lawyer
When you purchase a product, you don’t expect it to be defective or unsafe. If you have surgery and receive a medical impact, you expect it to function properly. However, thousands of people are injured every year by products that are defective in nature or don’t function as advertised. If you are one of those people who were injured, you may be left confused and wondering who will take care of your medical bills, the time you lost off work, etc.
Product liability claims are almost always far more complex than people realize. This is why you need a skilled Hazleton product liability lawyer who can help. At O’Donnell Law Offices, we have years of experience handling all types of personal injury claims, including product liability lawsuits.
Common Defective Product Cases in Pennsylvania
Millions of products could be defective or cause harm to consumers and patients. Some of the most common ones include:
- Hip replacements
- Certain types of ear plugs
- Automotive parts, including air bags, seat belts, tires, and brakes
- Faulty electrical products
- Dangerous toys
- Products made with lead
- Dangerous over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs
- Defective household appliances
- Baby products
- Machinery and construction equipment
What is a Product Liability Claim?
If you are considering whether or not you have a product liability claim, here’s a look at some potentially liable parties:
- The manufacturer of the product
- Someone involved in the creation of the product
- The party who was responsible for installing or assembling it
- The party who was the wholesaler
- The retail store that ultimately sold the defective product to you, the consumer
Product Defect Categories
There are three main categories of defective products that your claim may fall under. These are:
- Defective Design: This means the product was defective before it was even built/constructed. The design of the product was inherently bad. For example, imagine a beautiful chair design. While pleasing aesthetically, the design of the chair’s legs won’t hold someone’s weight. The design is flawed no matter what, which would qualify it as a product liability claim.
- Manufacturing Defect: If there is a problem with the way the product is made, it could also be a product liability claim. Claims involving manufacturing defects have strict liability, which means the manufacturer didn’t know of the defect or had no plans to injure anyone when making the product.
- Failure to Warn: If a product should have a warning about a particular danger from the use of the product, and the manufacturer fails to include a warning, it could also be considered a product liability case. Imagine you buy something that should have a warning about it, and you are burned, like from an exploding e-cigarette. If there was no warning about heat elements, you may have the basis for a lawsuit.
Contact a Hazleton Product Liability Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one were injured due to a defective product, you need to speak with a lawyer right away. It’s important for your lawyer to have enough time to preserve evidence and keep you from speaking to the defendants’ insurance representative or lawyer. Let a skilled Hazleton product liability lawyer help. Contact O’Donnell Law Offices today to schedule an initial consultation.