Pittston Car Accident Lawyer
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were approximately 6,452,000 car accidents in 2017 alone. Unfortunately, 1,889,000 of those collisions involved an injury and 32,247 resulted in death. The injuries sustained in car accidents are wide ranging, but usually end up being expensive to treat, leaving many accident victims to struggle with mounting medical debt while also trying to recover from their injuries. While it is possible to recover monetary damages compensating injured parties for these losses, doing so can be difficult without the aid of an experienced lawyer, so if you were recently involved in a car accident that was not your fault, it is critical to contact an experienced Pittston car accident lawyer who can walk you through your legal options.
Types of Car Accidents
No two car accidents are exactly the same, but there are certain types of collisions that do tend to crop up again and again, including:
- Rear-end collisions, which are some of the most common types of car accidents and involve one vehicle striking the rear of another car;
- Head-on crashes, in which two vehicles strike each other while traveling in opposite directions and are usually the result of drowsy or drunk driving;
- Rollover accidents, in which a vehicle actually rolls over, often after taking a turn too quickly or being struck in the side;
- Sideswipe collisions, which occur when one vehicle scrapes alongside another and result primarily in damage to the vehicles; and
- T-bone or side-impact crashes, which involve the front of one vehicle striking the side of another and usually occur in intersections.
If you were involved in one of these types of collisions, you could be entitled to compensation for your losses. Please contact our legal team today to learn more.
All of these collisions have the potential to cause serious injuries, but some are more well-known for causing more severe injuries than others. Head-on collisions, for instance, usually result in the most devastating injuries, including head trauma and spinal cord damage, while sideswipe accidents tend to cause serious damage to the vehicles in question, but often leave the occupants unscathed. T-bone accidents, on the other hand, are notorious for resulting in shoulder injuries, broken ribs, concussions, and even hearing loss, while rear-end accidents are much more likely to cause neck and back injuries, such as whiplash.
Treating these kinds of injuries tends to be both painful and expensive, as injured parties are often required to foot the bill for a wide range of services and treatments, including emergency care, surgery, prescription medications, physical therapy, and rehabilitation. Fortunately, accident victims who can demonstrate that someone else’s negligence was the cause of their accident can recover damages compensating them for these costs, as well as lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
To speak with an experienced member of our car accident legal team about your own collision, please call the O’Donnell Law Offices at 570-821-5717. Initial consultations are offered free of charge, so please don’t hesitate to call or contact us online at your earliest convenience.